1. Can you explain the concept of LightWeight List in PEGA ?
Ans : A lightweight list is an internal structure used by the page list property. It is called “lightweight” because its efficient structure requires less CPU memory and processing than traditional page lists. It does not duplicate the metadata defined for each element, therefore consuming far less memory and processing.
2. Where mostly this is being used ?
Ans : Obj Browse and Look up
3. Any DSS we need to enable ?
Ans: Yes. Two dynamic system settings control the use of lightweight lists
This setting overrides the setting in the Use Lightweight List checkbox for your rules.
4. What are the limitations of Light WEIGHT list ?
Ans : Forward chaining not possible References cant be established.
5. Do you have any idea about he Static Assembler utility ?
Ans : It enables the preassembly and caching of rules that belong to an application. These actions improve the response time for interactive users after a system startup or when new ruleset versions are imported into the system.
6. What is the recommended way to run Static ASSEMBLER utility ?
Ans : Run the Static Assembler from the /scripts/utils directory within the extracted application installation directory.
7. In DEV environment, you have multiple developer op id. When moving them to prod, will you keep all of them ? What is the best practice ?
Ans : The best practice is to have only one or two system admin developer id . Also, it is advisable NOT TO have the allow rule checkout button enable to ensure optimal performance.
8.What is the ideal order of shutting down nodes ?
Ans : Non-search nodes; Secondary search nodes; Primary search node; All other nodes.
9. Can you explain some of the key things to keep in mind while planning a load test ?
Ans : Do a load math calculation and design accordingly. Set realistic user interactions and consider adding think time. Switch off virus checking. Validate environment. Prime the application first. Ensure adequate data load.
10. What are the various performance debug tools available in PEGA ?
Ans : PAL, PLA, Clipboard, Tracer, DB Trace.
11. What is the thumb rule of CPU Utilization for OS running PEGA ?
Ans : CPU utilization should never be more than 70 percent busy due to Process Commander itself.
12. Having too many ruleset is beneficial or not ?
Ans : No. It unnecessary increases the overhead.
13. Explain the concept of edge server ?
Ans : If the server hosting your PRPC application is distant from your users, you can improve performance by deploying static PRPC content to a cache on an “edge server,” a local computer closer to your users.
14. How to enable PRPC to interact with Edge server ?
ANS : PRPC provides a placeholder activity, Code-Security.ApplicationProfileSetup, which is called during user login. Modify this activity to direct the remote users’ systems to the edge server for static PRPC content.The property pyEdgeServerURI identifies auto-generated static content references. This property is used at the Requestor level and must be set to the path of the edge server in the activity.