1. What is activity?
Ans : Sequential processing unit of Pega . Consists of one or more steps
2. Where local variable are stored ?
Ans : Local variables are stored together as fields in the Java class that the PEGA generates to implement the activity.
3. Is there any property that holds the reference of the iteration inside a loop of activity ?
Ans : Yes. pyIterationTarget does it. For page and repeat types, it is blank. For embedded, it is the step page reference
4. When to use << current >> ? Can you give an example ?
Ans : The symbolic reference can be used only in the activity step that defines the iteration.
For a repeat type of For each embedded list, refers to the ClipboardPage of the current iteration. For other repeat types, refers to the index number of the current iteration, and corresponds to the pyForEachCount parameter
5. How many ways you can achieve looping in an activity ?
Ans : We can get it done in five ways.
For each top level page
For each embedded page
For each element in value list
For each element in value group
6. What is the significance of template in activity ?
Ans : Selecting a template automatically set the activity type
The following options are available:
7. Is there any alternate way to achieve same result like activity ?
Ans :Though we cant tell that PEGA has rules which works just like activity, however, we have some other mechanism to achieve similar results like activity.
Use data transform,
Use Linked property,
Change work item status in flow,
8. Can you explain how activity works ?
Ans : When a requestor session runs an activity for the first time, the system converts information from the activity into Java, compiles the Java, and executes it. Later executions (of the same activity in the same ruleset, version, and so on) reuse the compiled Java