1. Do you have any idea about the new pinging service of Pega ?
Ans : You can verify whether a Pega 7 Platform instance is up and running by entering this URL: http://<<hostName:port/contextName>>/PRRestService/monitor/pingservice/ping
The Pega 7 Platform Engine responds with HTTP Response Code 200 if the instance is available
2. What is requestor passivation ?
Ans: Requestor passivation is a best practice; it is a built-in feature that writes out the memory footprint of idle user sessions to the file system. This frees up valuable memory for the more active users.
3. What is the default value of requestor passivation and how to change it ?
Ans: In a production setting , the default timeout setting of 60 minutes is usually too long. Change it via prconfig or DSS for <env name=”timeout/application” value=”600″ />
4. Your company wants to retain data in log file for 60 days ? Is there anyway to set the value in PRPC ?
Ans : <env name=”usage/retentionperiod” value=”30″ /> in prconfig.xml
5. Generally log files start logging from the time server started. Your business want to do a daily login, how to do that ?
Ans : We can do it from prlogging.xml file. locate the <appender name=”ASYNC”> section. Add the following reference:
6. What is the recommended production level for dev and prod ?
Ans: Use a production level of 2 for development systems and 5 for production systems
7. There is a requirement that each time an SLA agent successfully processes an assignment, it refreshes the retrieved item list (retrieves a new list of assignments). How will you do that ?
ANS : we will set the SLA system setting : SLARefreshListEachIteration to true
8. What is the default number of assigments the SLA agent processes during its interval and how to update it ?
Ans : Default value is 20 and you can modify the system setting : SLAUnitsToProcess
9. What is the significance of SLAUnitsToRetrieve ?
Ans : This setting specifies the number of assignments the SLA agent retrieves for processing.This setting reflects the number of events handled for each type. Therefore, if this entry is set to “5,” the SLA agent could potentially process up to 15 assignments – 5 each for goal deadline and past deadline.
10. What is recommended for multinode system ?
Ans : For multi-node systems, it is recommended that the number of assignments retrieved be much smaller, so that contention is reduced
11. What is the significance of PEGA0001 alert ?
The default threshold for HTTP interactions is one second. If a particular screen takes more time to render, the system writes alert PEGA0001 to the alert log.
12. How to enable database alerts ?
Ans : To identify database queries which return large amounts of data, and thus are candidates for tuning, set the Byte Threshold. This feature is off by default.
The warning threshold warnMB writes a stack trace to the alert log. The error threshold errorMB writes a stack trace and additionally halts the requestor. Thus, setting the warnMB entry to 10 will provide insight into which queries are requesting 10MB or more of data.
<env name=”alerts/database/interactionByteThreshold/enabled” value=”true” />
<env name=”alerts/database/interactionByteThreshold/warnMB” value=”15″ />
<env name=”alerts/database/interactionByteThreshold/errorMB” value=”500″ />