1. What do you mean by rule assembly ?
Ans : Rules assembly is a technique for improving performance by generating and compiling the Java code that corresponds to a rule only when needed.
2. What is static assembler ?
Ans : The static assembler is a utility that you use to preassemble and cache the rules of an application.
3. What is virtual rule table cache ?
Ans : The Virtual rules table cache is the default caching setting for all Pega applications.
It is automatically primed during system startup with rules that have been either statically assembled or built dynamically as they were used in the system.
4. Is Application-Based-Assembly (ABA) caching still being used in Pega?
Ans:No, it is replaced by Virtual Rule Table Cache.
5. What is look up list cache ?
Ans : The lookup list cache (LLC) is a cache of recent search results that are available for display and reuse.
6. What is rule cache ?
Ans : The rule cache, contains recently found and non-found rules that are used to improve the performance of the engine, especially during rule resolution searches.
The system adds to the cache any rule that is read three or more times, however, for some rule types, a higher limit applies.
7. What is database cache or system cache ?
Ans : It is nothing but the rule cache .
8. What are the rule types for which static content cache is stored ?
Ans : Stores static content for these rule types:
Binary file rules (Rule-File-Binary rule type, for images such as JPG files)
Form file rules, for rule forms (Rule-File-Form rule type)
eForm file rules (Rule-File-eForm rule type, for PDF forms)
The location of the StaticContent directory is determined by a temporary files path setting in the prconfig.xml file.
9. Is it advisable to clear production cache periodically ?
Ans : If properly designed , an application should have high availability and high performance, even during extended periods of uptime. In a production setting, there are no requirements for periodic clearing of any cache.
10. Is there any property to indicate whether rulecache is enabled in a particular node or not ?
Ans : pxCacheEnabled is the property which shows the same