- A developer is trying to commit in an activity but getting a error saying the property has been truncated. What could be the issue ?
Ans :Commit method takes 4 mandatory properties ObjClass, className,InsKey and InsName. If any one of these four properties contains a value that is longer than the width of the database column, the system associates a warning message.
- You did a commit and then ran a report definition. The report fetched the data with + symbol in it ? What could be the reason ?
Ans : While doing a commit, if properties contains a value that is longer than the width of the database column, then though the data get saved, the system changes the last character of the truncated value to a plus sign (+) character
- Tell us some of the best practices about commit :
Ans : Commit method should occur only after errors are intercepted, checked, and corrected. It should also include a transition in the Commit step that checks the status
- You are performing a commit operation but it is taking long time at DB end, what properties will you check ?
Ans : Performance tool report on Commit operations ; Elapsed time writing to the database (property Code-Pega-PAL.pxCommitElapsed) ; Database Commit Count (property Code-Pega-PAL.pxCommitCount) ; Database Rows Committed (property Code-Pega-PAL.pxCommitRowCount)
- Can a regular rule use End Validate method ?
Ans : No, it is for custom rules
- When flow end method is used ?
Ans : This method is used to immediately end a flow execution, before execution reaches a Flow-End shape. Used mostly to handle exceptional situations.
- Give an example where you will use Queue For Agent method ?
Ans : This method stores a request for processing as a persistent object (entry) in the system queue. So if there is an application need to queue an agent for processing, we will use this method.
- Can we use any other alternatives of Queue for Agent ?
Ans : Your application can call the standard activity @baseclass.QueueForAgent, ‘
- What is default value for maxAttemps in QueueForAgent ?
Ans : 1
- You have defined maxAttempts as 2 and the agent failed 2 time. What will happen next?
Ans : If the agent attempts to process the entry this number of times without success, it keeps the item in the queue but changes its status to Broken-Process