1. What is pattern inheritance?
Ans: Pattern inheritance is an optional method where a class inherits characteristics from other classes and affects the first steps in the rule resolution algorithm.The name of the parent class is based on an initial portion or substring of the name of the class.
2. What is directed inheritance?
Ans: Directed inheritance is the method by which a class inherits characteristics directly from a specified parent class, regardless of any defined pattern inheritance.
3. Can you allow locking for concrete class?
Ans: For concrete classes that do belong to a class group, you have to leave the tab blank. The Lock field on the Class Group form controls locking for all the classes in the group.
4. What is the significance of allow locking?
Ans: Allow Locking box to cause the system to lock open instances of the class.
5. Can you define a key when marking it as class group?
Ans: If you enter a class group, leave the Keys array empty. In this case, the class group instance defines a common key structure used by all associated classes.
6. Can a developer set the availability of a class to final?
Ans: No,The Availability value for class rules is always Yes.
7. Can class be found via rule resolution?
Ans: The system does not use rule resolution or rule availability to find instances of the Rule-Obj-Class rule type. Choose class names that are unique system-wide, across all applications.
8. What is ruleset restriction? Where you can see it?
Ans: We can see it in class ruleform. Use the list in this section to control which rules can be created with pyClassName set to this class name.
9. Few of your developer complained that they are trying to enable the option “”Dedicated table” option but unable to do it. What could be the reason?
Ans: This feature is available only to users with the @baseclass.pxClassToDbTableOptimization privilege. So watch out whether they have sufficient privilege or not.
10. Your application is running in production and due to a new client requirement, you have to create a new work class and going forward all the work item will be part of that class. How to ensure that the old class is not refereed at all ?
Ans: Check the Deprecate checkbox class rule form to deprecate all instances of this class and block users from creating new instances. Only classes with the Does not belong to a class group option selected can be deprecated.