- How you can control the work object history written to the audit trail ?
Ans : Update the system setting FilterHistory with Write Some or Write ALL Then update the decision tree Work-FilterHistory to modify this
- How can you alter the history written for the old assignment ?
Ans : History instances already written remain in the audit trail cant be changed
- Imagine you are system admin and want to track security related alert ? Insted of screening thru the entire LOG is there any easy way to seggregate the same ?
Ans : The Alert Security log contains alerts (named “SECUnnnn”) specific to security issues. So watch out for those log.
- Name few tools that can be used to monitor garbage control for your application ?
Ans : PMAT and JMETER
- Is there anyway to determine the clipboard size ?
Ans : There are multiple ways of doing this.To view clipboard size, run PAL, perform typical user functions, and select “Add reading with Clipboard Size”.
Alternatively, open the clipboard and select Action > Analyze Clipboard:
The third way to find clipboard size is to select System Management Application > Requestor Management > Requestor Summary:
- As an LSA, how will you estimate an application’s memory footprint ?
Ans : You can estimate an application’s memory footprint by multiplying the size of the clipboard by the peak number of users
- How will you understand that application is failing to collect garbage ?
Ans : PEGA0028 alerts. The alert indicates a failed garbage collection attempt: the process failed to reduce the used memory in a particular memory pool below a specified threshold
- Suppose you recommended the sys admin to increase the heap size , but admin said it cant be possibe. Is there any alternative to do ?
Ans : If the heap size cannot be increased, lower the number of users per JVM by adding an additional JVMs to the system.
- What will be your recommendation for agent in JVM ?
Ans : Pega recommends using a separate virtual machine for agents, especially in multi-node Process Commander systems.
- What is AES ?
Ans : AES monitors, gathers, and analyzes performance and health indicators from multiple SmartBPM systems across the enterprise. AES aggregates the most serious alerts and exceptions into work items for use in a work flow that can be assigned for diagnosis and resolution. AES consolidates and summarizes the Pega log and the JVM GC log, which provide key information about each of the monitored nodes.